MATTEO SANDRINI CV | matteosandrini.eu
Matteo Sandrini (b.1985, Italy) is a visual artist based between Brescia/Milan.
Bachelor at the Faculty of Design and Art | University of Bozen
MA in Visual Anthropology | University of Manchester.
Works as a freelance in Visual Communication: Filmmaker | Video editor | photographer | soundscaper. Interested in Sensory Media, through the deployment of the ethnographic method. Much of his personal work focuses on human behavior in situations of climatic adversity, religious rituals, urban conflicts and memory retrieval.
EXHIBITIONS | SELECTED WORKS
• 2013 - 2015 | participation at the research platform EXPOSED: www.exposedproject.net, Expo-Milan;
• October 2014 | participation at the event BresciaMobilità with the photographic project 'SottoSopra', Brescia;
• May 4 - September 14 2013 | 'Home my place in the world, Contemporary Photographic Exhibition', London (UK);
• April 2013 | Alternative Manchester Photography 'Ancoats' Selected for the photographic book, Manchester (UK);
• November 2012 | Visual Anthropology, Exhibition 2012 'Bs-East, a study of environMentality', Manchester (UK);
• March 2011 | Limitazioni Temporanee Exhibition ‘Iconolario, viaggio in Italia con Google’ Spazio Bovisa, Milano;
• February 2011| Academia Apulia Art Award 2010, London, (UK) ‘Genius Loci, the spirit of Place and cultural Diversity’, First place at the photographic contest;
• January 2011 | 'FOCSIV, Volontari nel mondo', Selected for the national photographic calendar, Rome;
• October 2009 | 'Telecom Jpeggy' Selected for the photographic contest;
• May 2008 | 'Pagine Bianche d’Autore 2008/2009' Mentioned for the photographic contest, Trentino Alto Adige region in collaboration with Daniele Ansidei/Andrea Cazzaniga;
• October 2007 | Menzione speciale, Concorso Fondazione Libero Bizzarri Italian Design Finalist at the final video contest 'Rennpappe' in collaboration with Nicola Gotti;
• October 2006 | 'Photokina Köln' Bauhaus Universität Weimar Selected for the photographic exhibition with the Project course: 'Imaging is more', Köln (Germany);
• April 2004 | 'Dea, Madre…Donna', Faenza (RA), Italy Finalist at the visual art contest.
All works © matteo sandrini 2020.
Please do not reproduce without the expressed written consent of matteo sandrini.